Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Here today, gone tomorrow?

I love Freecycle, and what it stands for... but something's rotten in Denmark. My group, Hollywood Florida Freecycle was listed on the main board a few weeks ago. You have to go through a somewhat rigorous approval process in order to get listed... which I did. I complied with all that I was supposed to and whatnot...

Yesterday I had neighbors telling me they couldn't find it on the main board any more. And that it had not been there for the past 4-5 days. Weird.

I wrote to the person who approves groups in the state of Florida (who, incidentally, is a co-moderator in my group...) and she knew nothing about it. I also wrote to the person who FOUNDED Freecycle, and he said that I would not have been removed FOR CAUSE without having been notified, so he thinks it's some kind of anomaly. I'm not so sure... but I'm giving it the benefit of a doubt and waiting to see what happens. In the meantime, I'm just a bit irked because I know enough about editing webpages to know that someone had to have deliberately removed it, and I don't know who or why!

No comments: