Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Interesting information on the grading system

I have begun to use Google's "home page" and have laid it out with things that are of interest to me, at a glance.

Today had a teaser from Yahoo that reported on when the "A to F" grading system started, and why. In reading it, I followed a link to this page, which had truly disturbing information: http://www.pdkintl.org/kappan/krumbol.htm

It is sad that the object of education has been lost in the methodology. The primary purpose of education is (duh!) TO EDUCATE!

Small wonder that while I've considered re-enrolling to obtain higher degrees, I've been hesitant, and now I'm more inclined than ever to embark upon a course of self-led study that will produce the same results, sans degree: but who cares?

I'm not looking for a J.O.B. in a corporate setting... in which I might be evaluated based upon my credentials on paper. What I desire most in life is to be FREE but productive. To perform my duties using my God-given talents to the utmost best of my abilities... while enjoying life.

In 2006 I plan to:
1. Publish my catalog of music
2. Go completely wireless... so that I can work from any location
3. Develop as many of my business ideas as possible... reach for the stars!

Maybe it's a product of my age... but I feel a sense of urgency that I hadn't noticed before. Maybe it was always there and I just ignored it... but now that I'm "tuned-in" to it... there is a LOT to do!

No comments: