Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Jamwave.com

I love how one thing can lead to another. I found the following site:
jamwave.com/sistersunshine by posting this ad on craigslist which has gotten me delightful responses. I was going to link to the ad, but then remembered that they expire after a certain amount of time... so I'm going to copy/paste it below:

Wanted: Bands, musicians and artists who want a free website


Reply to: mizlydia@gmail.com
Date: 2006-01-02, 2:21PM EST


There are no limits to this offer: please, stretch my skills!

Let people around the world hear your MP3s, see your awesome artwork and order your merchandise!

Any colors or style you like, we'll sit down and storyboard the whole thing before starting. If you want it to be finished quickly, call me now! 754-444-0551

It is my desire to specialize in sites for bands, artists and musicians of all sorts. In order to attract future clients, I need to build a portfolio of such sites. For a limited time, I will create these pro bono for you, to build my own showcase.

www.rainbow-websites.com

  • this is in or around Anywhere

  • no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

  • yes -- ok to transmit this posting into outer space
Good. Now my ad is never going to expire... unless this blog is deleted!

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that when all else fails, volunteer. You never know where it will lead you. The jamwave website is a real brotherhood of artists... and in less than 24 hours I have begun to make great connections and hear a wide variety of music that I would not have been likely to hear otherwise. Awesome!

P.S. I just looked at the charts... and while I didn't place in any other genre, I'm actually #8 in the Country category with "Take a Little Ginseng"!

Took another look just before noon EST and noticed that I've moved up to #6 in Country! Wow! It's exciting to know that people are really LISTENING to my music!!!

Okay, just looked again and nearly hyperventilated... ALL FOUR OF MY SONGS are on the charts! I'm #6, 12, 17 and 40 on the Country section!!!

No comments: