Sunday, August 24, 2003

In reading through my past journal entries from the beginning (which I did yesterday) it is clear to me that I've come a long way in the past year. Now, I believe, it is time for me to reach a little further. I am planning to transfer to AIU for a bachelor's degree instead of the Associate's degree I'm currently studying for. I feel that I'll enjoy the collegiate atmosphere of the University a lot more than the "working class" atmosphere at the school I attend now. Also, AIU includes a laptop computer as part of the tuition because they have you do all of your studying using the laptop rather than their own equipment.

All that remains is for me to go over and officially enroll, and to decide whether to drop my current classes so that I can start over there sooner... and to see how many of my credits are even going to transfer. The fewer credits that will transfer, the sooner I should go ahead and make the change! (Why keep working/paying for "empty" credits?)

I have maintained a 4.0 GPA as well as done a good job on all the work they've thrown at me as a Federal Work Study (read "slave") employee... and I'm ready to make a higher wage and break free. One might say my "clipped wings" have grown out... and it's "time for me to fly".

No comments: