Monday, April 30, 2007

Officially a loser

Well, it was going to happen sooner or later, but color me really stupid. My van was repossessed last night, and because I didn't back it into the driveway, they dragged it on its tires until one popped... then dragged it on the frame. Brand new tires my husband bought a few months ago, Michelin Hydraedge tires. I suppose he thought if he bought me the good tires I'd try harder to pay for the van, but no matter what I have done I have been unable to secure steady work for the past two years. Even if I COULD come up with the money I wouldn't want the vehicle back now that they've damaged it. It was only worth paying $550/month for a vehicle in tip-top shape.

Actually, it was probably NEVER worth paying what I was. Like I said, color me stupid.

I'm really pissed off at myself for not taking all of my stuff out of the vehicle because it will cost me $125 to retrieve any personal items from the repo people... and I don't even have enough money to pay my cell phone bill, much less pay them to retrieve my meager possessions. (Car charger for said phone, various music CDs, booster seat for my kid, Sunpass, a couple of beach towels, a book or two, etc.)

I'm feeling exceptionally hopeless at this point: useless, worthless and incompetent. I have no idea how to turn that around. It's a good thing I don't have a bottle of Valium lying around, and that I'm a baby about pain.

1 comment:

Sister Sunshine said...

I sure wish Uber and Lyft were around back then. Not only would I have NOT had the van repoed, but I would have been able to take larger parties and make more money than I do now with a Toyota Corolla.