Thursday, May 17, 2007

Personality Type and Job Satisfaction?

I took this personality test, and the results say that only 4.4% of the population are like me. I guess they're all unemployed too?

At any rate, I took the results, and color coded my response to what they said:
Jung Type Description:

INFP


creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic


I am not a very private person ordinarily, although like everyone I have my secrets. I do not like the rain because it causes humidity, but I like that it cools the world off a bit… and I always try to be punctual: IF I show up at all.

favored careers:

poet, painter, freelance artist, musician,writer, art therapist, teacher (art, music, drama), songwriter, art historian, library assistant, composer, work in the perfoming arts, art curator, playwright, bookseller, cartoonist, video editor, photographer, philosopher, record store owner, digital artist, cinematographer, costume designer, film producer, philosophy professor, librarian, music therapist, environmentalist, movie director, activist, bookstore owner, filmmaker

I’ve written poetry for many years, and I am a musician and writer. I teach (tutor) but not the subjects suggested herein: computer-related topics. I’ve been a songwriter since I was about 12 years old… and performing since I was a teenager.

I would love to one day write/produce/direct and possibly act in plays and/or films. I will be writing my first script in June. (Part of a program, while I have an outline, etc. I'm not allowed to begin writing until June 1)

disfavored careers:

business professional, manager, executive, administrator, business owner, supervisor, office manager, business analyst, financial analyst, public relations manager, ceo, executive assistant, judge, event coordinator, lawyer, office worker

I just dissolved my failed business. I work as somewhat of an executive assistant, but the guy I work for is accustomed to my gritty personality. I’ve tried (and failed miserably at) coordinating events… and have not done well as an office worker apparently, despite thinking I did just fine. My perceptions are not always “on the mark” and I guess those around me saw a different picture than I did.

1 comment:

Sister Sunshine said...

I still haven't been able to finish my screenplay yet!!! But I will soon. I've grown very decisive and determined this year.