Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sometimes you have to stop searching...

and just turn around!

It looks like my luck may be changing. Of all the many jobs I've interviewed for, one stood out above all of the others and is the only one I really wanted. Without saying too much it's close to home, steady paycheck, full benes and free candy every Friday. Sounds pretty nice, huh? I could really dig working close enough to home to buy a BICYCLE and get some EXERCISE on the way to and from work rather than invest in another petroleum-dependent insurance-expense-prohibitive motor vehicle. Say a prayer, keep your fingers crossed for me... I had really begun to depair that God would allow me to have a regular paycheck. I signed up with a new temp agency last week and was planning to look for only musical gigs because my tolerance for rejection has long been surpassed.

Well... hopefully I'll know soon.

2 comments:

Sister Sunshine said...

Nope. They called me today. I didn't get the job... but they said they may need someone in a few weeks. I hope they call back, but I'll keep looking for whatever that's worth...

Sister Sunshine said...

I had a bicycle again for a while, but I realized that I HATE RIDING A BICYCLE. So I sold it, and I won't buy another. Not that I should, with COPD it could kill me to ride a bike in this heat.