Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Who's that knocking at my window?

I was completely absorbed in my work on the computer today, when I hear this "rat-a-tat-tat" sound, a couple of times... but didn't think anything of it, figuring perhaps my boss was hanging some new pictures (as he is wont to do) or something like that.

Well, a few minutes later, he comes walking into my office, saying "Did you hear that?" and I said "Yes, but I thought it was you!"

So he walks over to the window (mind you, we're on the second floor... no walkway nor stairs outside) and raises the shade.

"I have a little visitor who comes 'round once a year," he said, then modified that to say "well, dunno about that... he looks young!" and there sat a little red-headed woodpecker, just as pretty as you please.

I took a few shots with my camera phone, but not sure how well they turned out. Need to upload 'em.
: )

No comments: