I found this on Shawna's blog... but she took it from somewhere else. I may modify it a bit, though...
Make a post to your diary. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your diary, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your buddy list (or your buddy's buddies, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
My Holiday Wish List:
- I wish to spend more time this coming year on my music than I did this year.
- A new guitar, P.A. and some other equipment for performing music publicly
- A karaoke setup complete with the discs
- The usual Amazon wish list stuff...
- Braces for my oldest 3 or 4 kids' teeth...
- A new cage for my hamster
- Better hutches for my bunnies
- A vehicle large enough to fit my whole family of seven into so we don't have to take two cars when we all want to go out together
- A larger piece of property that's zoned so that we could have livestock
- Any kind of gift card, certificate, or cash!
How you can make MY holiday wishes come true...