Sunday, February 05, 2006

Full Circle

It's funny how life works. I walked away from my music again and again, yet everything I do leads me back to it again and again. You would think that by now I'd get it through my thick skull that there's a message there, LOL.

Recent case in point: offering to do free websites for bands, musicians, artists and photographers led me to begin playing again, and now I'm actually making plans to perform publicly more than just at an open mic. night or two.

It's amazing... at my age... to be doing this, but I've discovered on myspace and jamwave that I'm the rule rather than the exception in this case. I've met some really talented artists and begun to enjoy a whole new dimension to my life.

I guess I'm a long way from being depressed... but the memory of that "black dog" as Mikel puts it, will always dog my steps and I know it's never far away despite the best of circumstances. It's been a long time since I truly gave in to it, and I hope it will be a long time before I do again, if ever.

No comments: