Monday, January 17, 2005

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

No one ever listens. They're all too busy telling each other to shut up.

I don't know how many times I find myself in the middle of saying something and realize that no one is listening. That is probably what led me to write. When you write, it is irrelevant whether or not anyone is listening... if they read it (and you want them to) great. If they don't, no biggie.

On the other hand, if you make a habit of talking all the time whether anyone is listening or not, you'll either be committed - or5+*
 avoided as if you should be... people are scared of those who appear to talk to someone who's not there.

Besides, when you talk, it's air... it's gone. Unless it's been recorded, which is rare. Writing is more likely to stick around and be there to look at years down the road. I like writing.

Alas, it seems that my reflection time is over. Interrupted by a poopy diaper.

No comments: