Thursday, January 27, 2005

When it rains, it pours!

I'm still recovering from the head cold, but today is shaping up to be a very optimistic day. That's a good thing... because last night I went to sleep with the nagging sensation that something was just "not right" with the world. (Made it damned hard to drop off!)

Anyway, I got a call from the College I attended to whom I had sent my resume for a receptionist position (which I am already 90% trained for, since I worked at the school for over a year as a workstudy employee)

Then I got an email from someone who has been doing her utmost to help me by finding freelance work... and she seems to have a pretty full schedule ahead for my kids. (Handing out flyers, etc.)

All in all, I'm feeling hopeful today, and that's a good day. If I don't still feel this way tomorrow, at least I can say TODAY was nice! Gotta take things, as they say in AA: one day at a time, one hour at a time, or even one minute at a time. Whatever it takes to get through it.

Update: at noon the temp agency I'm signed up with called and they have a job they'd like for me to do next week... so it seems that ONE WAY OR ANOTHER I'm going to have some income. Woo hoo!

Second update: at 3pm someone else I'd sent my resume to called... they're interviewing for M-W-F 8-4:30 at a dialysis center. Gosh. I can not believe how many possibilities have been presented to me today!

Final update: I went to the interview at the college, which was a group interview, and they asked two of us to stay. Then I was asked to come back tomorrow at 10am. I am DYING to see what the second interview will be all about! Wish me luck... say a prayer... cross your fingers... whatever it is you do!
: )

No comments: