Sunday, February 06, 2005

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

Apparently I've caught another cold on top of the one I already had. Fortunately, it came on my day off... so I am past the itchy, burning sinuses stage today... since I have to work at 5. Can't call in sick... only my second week on the job and the other new girl will end up getting all my hours. I like her, but I need money too badly to give up even ONE hour of work.

I did some more freelance work yesterday... and she says she has more for me. Every little bit will help... but I don't know when I'll stop feeling so godawful desperate.

Yesterday was my youngest son Timmy's 11th birthday, and today is my oldest son Frankie's 19th birthday. Frank says he doesn't want anything for his birthday, and Timmy wants cash. I told Timmy he'd have to wait 'til I collect my pay from the night job tonight... and I'm buying something for Frank whether he likes it or not. But I'm not going to get him something I just THINK he MIGHT like, like his dad did. I'm going to get him something I'm sure he'll use. Probably a pair of blue jeans or a gift certificate to Quicksilver, whose jeans I know he likes. Not sure.

For now, I'm just glad I have income. It's a trickle, but the flow is starting to improve. Sure hope I can replace my car before it bites the dust, though!

No comments: