Friday, October 22, 2004

20 more things about me...

Okay. Enough gloom and doom. I decided it's time for another episode of "20 things about me". When I have 100, I'll list it as such, and give it a webpage... I suppose. For now, to start, I'm going to recap the first 20. However, I've done some editing... so they're not EXACTLY the same as they were when I originally stated them last month...

1. I'm my mother's only child
2. My father had other children, but I've never met any of them. (Are you one of them?)
3. I love rich, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate almost more than life itself
4. The size I prefer to be is a 3-5 (American... not sure what that translates to anywhere else) But right now I'm more like a 12/14
5. My ideal "job" would be writing/producing/directing both films and animated videos to accompany all of my songs.
6. I love to be barefoot...
7. On hot days I prefer not to have BOTH my feet AND my armpits covered. One or the other needs to be bare, LOL
8. I like WB T.V. shows like Smallville, Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven.
9. I once shaved my head... completely bald.
10. When I was a child I wanted to be a Veterinarian.
11. I am allergic to cats, which is one reason I changed my mind about #10
12. My mother was an awesome artist.
13. My father wrote television screenplays... I have some of them in my possession. Not sure if they were ever used, but they include plots for the "Twilight Zone".
14. My father was a disabled WWII veteran who had no legs from the knees down.
15. I went to a camp when I was young where we were assigned a horse and taught how to care for it. I got to go there two summers in a row (for a week or two each time)
16. My second toe is longer than the first on both of my feet.
17. I cut my nails short on my left hand to press the strings for chords on the guitar, but I keep the nails on my right hand longer for fingerpicking.
18. I haven't written a song in quite a while. The muse has been avoiding me.
: (
19. I like to have fires in my backyard... we have a "dish" to make them in, and they are similar to campfires.
20. I grew up going to Reds games at Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati
21. I broke my arm when I was 6 years old, by putting my feet on the handlebars, and both arms straight out (like an airplane) then attempting to coast down a hill.
22. I started smoking at the age of 13, quit when I was 23, started again when I was 28 (like an idiot) and quit again this year on August 12.
23. The only places I have been outside the U.S. are Canada (for 5 minutes as a kid... then got in a fight with my mother and that was the end of that) and Peru.
24. I love to cook, and I'm pretty good at it... but I HATE to clean up afterward.
25. I prefer to wear my hair long.
26. My favorite color is that fluorescent pinkish-orange the sky turns at sunrise and sunset.
27. I prefer antiques to modern furniture.
28. If I were to design my dream home, it would be primarily underground... built into the side of a mountain and made to look like a series of separate cottages and pavilions from the outside that are interconnected from within.
29. I absolutely detest mindless humor.
30. My favorite comedians are Whoopi Goldberg, Robin Williams, Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder, Jim Carrey, and Bette Midler. (Does she count as a comedian?)
31. My favorite actors are Goldie Hawn, Mel Gibson, Johnny Depp, and Danny DeVito.
32. I have a very hard time getting motivated to do things for myself, but do a good job when I have been given a task to complete for someone else.
33. My favorite alcoholic drink is a Strawberry Daquiri, followed closely by wine... usually white.
34. I hope to fly a paraglider one day.
35. I've never been much of a dancer.
36. I've always wanted to have a horse.
37. I had braces (on my teeth) twice, but didn't get the job finished properly and never wore a retainer.
38. Out of six children I gave birth to, two were c-section births.
39. If I could visit anywhere in the world, I'd most likely go to England and Israel.
40. I believe people are meant to live tribally, or communally, rather than in separate little apartments or single-family homes.

No comments: