Thursday, October 07, 2004

Bunny Lovin'

I just acquired (the the great dismay of my dh and oldest ds) two new bunnies. They're spayed females, and my males are so pleased to have companions! I don't see how anyone can complain, it's not like they'll BREED...

I also got another hamster from the same people who gave us their bunnies. She's sleek and black, doesn't look a thing like her predecessor, and that's a good thing. Change is good. So here's the current rundown:

Male Rabbits: Rocky and Fred
Female Rabbits: Callie and Floppy
Guinea Pig: Lucky (Timmy Claims him and Rocky the Rabbit)
Hamster: Stormy
Cockatiel: Looney

I think as long as I improve with the housework and take care of these blasted animals myself, no one has any excuse to get angry with me. Anyone who wants to donate to their care can click on my paypal or amazon button to the right, in the sidebar.

I'm doing the flylady thing. (Sorry Renee) Hope it works. I'm tired of starting things I don't finish...

2 comments:

Rob Burton said...

This might be useful during the next Hurricaine:

Simply Elegant Rabbit Stew

Serves 3-4
2 rabbits, dismembered 4 thick slices of bacon
1 tbs. oil 2/3 cup flour
1 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. white pepper
1 cup chicken broth 2 cups water
1/4 lb. shitake mushrooms
washed and sliced 4 medium potatoes, peeled
and cut into bitesized pieces
2 medium onions, peeled
and sliced into thin rings 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
and crushed
1/4 cup snipped parsley 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper dash of cayenne
1 cup sour cream parsley and paprika for garnish


In a large oven-proof pan, cook bacon until brown and crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel. Drain off all but four tablespoons of bacon drippings and add in oil. Place the flour, one teaspoon of salt and half-teaspoon of white pepper in plastic bag. Add the rabbit and shake to coat well. Fry the rabbit in the bacon grease until brown on all sides. Add the chicken broth, water, mushrooms, potatoes, onions, garlic, parsley, half-teaspoon of salt, half-teaspoon of white pepper, cayenne and bacon pieces. Cover and place in preheated oven at 350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour. Remove from oven and stir in sour cream. Place on serving plates and garnish with parsley and paprika. Serve with buttered little carrots, rye bread and a glass of dark ale.


Not for me today as I'm a Vegetarian, I love bunnies!

Sister Sunshine said...

Don't tempt my family. My husband and oldest son would probably cook 'em up in a heartbeat!