Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Reformatting

I've dropped in to use a computer at the college I recently graduated from... I had started to reformat my computer at home and my ds called to let me know he's on his way home from his business trip (yay!) and can assist me. (Thank God! I already erased my entire hard drive... didn't feel like getting rid of that searchmiracle nonsense the DIFFICULT way, i.e. registry editing, etc.)

So the cavalry is on its way. But I was sitting in the parking lot where he works awaiting his arrival, reading my book (Siro, not bad, BTW) and he called to say the weather has delayed him and it will be another hour before he arrives.

I needed to log onto blogger away from home anyway... so I could remove the aforementioned link... and it's done now. Big sigh of relief.

Now. I have to reinstall all my programs, etc. once I've reformatted... prolly take me a few days to get everything the way I want it again. Plus all the windows updates, AV and SPYWARE PREVENTION. But what I want to know is how can I prevent that searchmiracle thing from getting back in? I don't know how it got there in the first place!!!

No comments: