Friday, August 13, 2004

Ugh!

My open mic. night turned out to be a 2 hour performance by me... and my equipment was all messed up, partially through the actions of the people at the restaurant. I am going to call and cancel it tomorrow.

I feel bad because I put a lot of effort into promoting it... but there's not much I can do. My equipment is messed up, and I'm too exhausted from all the other stuff I do to care.

I don't want to get out of practice again though, so I intend to go to some open mic. nights in the area, and back to the folk club events, too.

Sigh. Very disappointing turnout. I DID have a FEW people to play to, all the way up to the normal closing time of the restaurant... but it was a bummer not to have any other open mic. night participants or more of an audience, especially people from school/personal friends.

It doesn't help, either, that I'm stressed out from giving up tobacco and PMS time all at once. But I got $100 from my son to quit smoking, so... that helps. Every time I THINK I'd like a cigarette, I remind myself of that $100!

No comments: